Blue Granite Capital is a Registered Investment Advisory firm located in historic Charleston, South Carolina. Our partners have over one hundred years of diverse investment experience. Blue Granite Capital offers fee-based asset management services that are tailored to each individual clients needs. Through our asset allocation based philosophy we focus on capital preservation, tax efficient investing and a low-risk approach to asset growth by developing a balanced portfolio of stocks and bonds.
The Blue Granite Team
Scott B. Shubert
- Blue Granite Capital, Managing Partner/Founder (2003)
- Chief Investment Officer
- 40 years of professional investment and portfolio management experience in equities and fixed income markets
- Nomura institutional research, trading and sales for international markets
- ING Barings institutional research, trading and sales
- Graduate of The Ohio State University; Bachelor of Science in Finance & Economics
John M. Shubert
- Blue Granite Capital, Partner
- 40 years of professional investment experience
- 25 years managing pension, profit sharing and related assets for corporate and institutional clients
- Managed/managed-managers in excess of $3 billion in ERISA assets
- 401(k) Wire’s ‘Most Influential DC Advisors’; 2010-2012 nominee
- Advisor Leadership Award: Morningstar, ASPAA (American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries) 2011
- Charles Schwab Advisory Board member, retired 2016
- Fidelity Advisor Council member, retired 2018
- Graduate of Rollins College, Bachelor of Arts in Business Administration
David W. Scates
- Co-Portfolio Manager
- 17 year of investment management and trading experience.
- Former fixed income and equity index trader at The Gelber Group, Chicago IL.
- Founder and President of DWS Trading, an equity and derivative arbitrage trading firm.
- Graduate of The Citadel, Bachelor of Science in Business Administration
Dr. John L. Evans Jr.
- Blue Granite Capital, Senior Consultant
- 12+ years as Executive Director of Janus Labs, a consulting unit of Janus Henderson Capital.
- Prior, he spent 7 years as VP of Sales for American Century Investments.
- Dr Evans is an international speaker and a regular contributor to Barrons and The Orlando Sentinel.